Sunday, July 8, 2007

Walls are finished, thank goodness. It took forever as I had to run a brush along each and every groove of the wood [fake] paneling. The good news was the primer was good enough that I only had to paint one coat of the color. The bad news was that last tonight, I was eager to try the wine color I bought for the trim, cabinets and bookcase. I tried a test patch on the door and the paint streaked. That means I'm going to have get prmier tinted in the merlot shade and first apply it. What a pain. The bookcase is a myriad of nooks and crannies. I figured I'll be at least 3 weekends on this stage of the project. Sigh. I knew this makeover would be long and tiring, which is why I've put it off for several years.

The ceiling and walls do look great, however. But now it's on to cleaning/straightening up the house and packing for Dallas. :) Carol

0 comments: