The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Monday, January 14, 2008

I have to admit, so far so good with the new Fox show 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles.' Pretty nifty special effects. They must be carrying quite a budget for the show. I've never seen any of the actors before but the one playing Sarah Connor is solid. It's been years since I've seen the Terminator movies, but I may have to add them to my NetFlix line-up. This show and American Idol will help ease the pain until the writing strike is over. May the production companies come to their senses soon and negotiate a better deal for the writers. I would think last night's debacle of a Golden Globes show would hasten everyone to the negotiation table.

Of course, I'm one of those gluttons-for-punishment who watch the entire Oscar broadcast. I think the only one I've ever missed since I started watching Oscar as a teenager was when I went to school in England. Otherwise, I watch it religiously despite the fact I rarely agree with the winners. When you love action/adventure like I do, you become resigned to the fact that the Academy rarely votes for the genre. Peter Jackson's Oscar for the final Lord of the Rings was the exception. Man, did I savor that win. :) Carol

1 comments:

Toni Lea Andrews said...

I was pleasantly surprised with this show, which was pretty true to the terminator "lore."