Books

Monday, April 21, 2008

I finished the bookcase portion of the family room makeover on Sunday, and I've been slowly returning books to the shelves.

Several months I got rid of 274 books, mainly hardbacks, and thought I had freed up some space. Ha! Both Mom and Dad were avid readers and after Mom was bedridden, I bought close to 30 paperbacks a month to keep her entertained. I had boxes and boxes of books but over the past year had pretty much reduced the 'stock' to the bookcase and a cupboard in the laundry room. However, the books had been stacked vertically on the shelves, so I still had a lot. And getting rid of a book is always agonizing for me, so I'm taking my time in returning the books to the shelves to make sure my favs are displayed and then will have to decide what to do with the remaining ones.

But how I love the books--my parent's legacy. Carol

0 comments: