Daytona Beach's Movie Complex

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Next to the Hilton at Daytona Beach is a shopping mall/movie theatre complex. Handy dandy for Starbucks, ice cream, margaritas and of course souvenirs for the tourist. However, it was even more convenient for escaping to a movie. On Friday night at the RT convention my friend Evelyn Vaughn and I skipped the main party and went to see the DaVinci Code. Despite the critics, I enjoyed it. It took me a while to get used to Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon [I still think it was a miscasting of the role], but Paul Bettany rocked in his role. I have never been able to get past the first chapter or so of anything written by Dan Brown; his writing simply doesn't do it for me although his concepts are intriquing. So I finally got to see the 'whole' story. I particularly liked seeing Rosslyn Chapel and the Templar Church. The picture below is the outside of the complex. :) Carol Stephenson

0 comments: