My Maddie

Thursday, April 12, 2007

This was a rough week both at work and in terms of my personal life. I've been handling a death case at work...those are never easy...and this week was the anniversary of my father's death. Quickly coming at me will be the anniversary of Mom's death. Add to that, I've also been on the road a lot for the job; I shudder to even think about the number of messages in voice mail.

However, as I sat on the sofa this evening, working on medical records summaries, I looked up and saw Maddie across the room. She was sleeping on her back on her favorite chair, surrounded by her favorite toys. She was simply...adorable. All my tension simply evaporated. Another important anniversary is coming up, the day she came into my life, and I'm going to have to come up with something special for her...like a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken.
:) Carol


1 comments:

Roxann Delaney said...

Carol,

I always enjoy seeing pictures of Maddie!