The anti-American Idol nuts

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I was amazed to hear that there's this 'campaign' to vote through the worst singer on American Idol.

1) If people don't like the show, change the channel. Better yet, read a book.
2) If you don't like the winner, don't buy the CD. Better yet, read a book.
3) If you don't have anything better to do with your time, read a book OR volunteer. There are so many organizations that have such a great need for help.

I don't understand such nasty, uncharitable, destructive conduct. There are talented people with dreams who are competing. Why deliberately hurt them? By voting for the worst, the twits are hurting the dreams of viable candidates for no good reason other than being mean. If people are voting because they genuinely want a singer to win, that's great. But to vote to hurt, that's unconscionable.

And for the ring leaders, I can't even say get a life because obviously the cretins don't have one. Of course, they could do the world a favor and drop dead, but we're probably can't get that lucky.

I know I'm voiting because I love watching the performers develop and grow over the course of the competition and have bought the CD's of those I enjoy. Should I ever get tired, then I'll simply switch the channel or read a book.

Or better yet, write one. :) Carol

3 comments:

Mary Stella said...

Here, here, Carol! I'm in an American Idol pool. Each week we predict which three contestants we think will get the least votes and name the one of those three that will probably go home. We get points for accuracy. I've stopped putting Sanjaya in the bottom three because of the Howard Stern fans and votefortheworst people. I can only hope the nonsense stops before Jordin or Melinda suffers.

Toni Lea Andrews said...

A campaign? Well, I suppose that explains Sanjaya.

Seriously, Melinda Doolittle SO deserves some success. I hope this does not harm her chances in any way.

Carol Stephenson said...

Toni, I love Melynda as well. And Jordin is so remarkable for being only 17! :) Carol